Lead Montessori Credentialed Teacher & Co-Teacher/Assistant Teacher
Woodland Montessori School is currently seeking an experienced, nurturing and energetic Lead Montessori Credentialed Teacher, as well as a Co-Teacher/Assistant Teacher, for early childhood (ages 3-6).
The Lead Teacher must be able to develop and maintain an authentic Montessori oriented environment and plan a high quality program. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of his/her students’ classroom experience, as well as for partnerships with parents, professional and personal growth, support of Assistant Teachers and record keeping.
The Co-Teacher will initially work with a Montessori Lead Teacher to develop and maintain an authentic Montessori oriented environment and plan a high quality program.
And most importantly - both candidates will love to work with children!
Our school has been established in its present location in the heart of Flathead Valley near Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park for over 40 years! Woodland Montessori School is the only school in Montana that is participating in the AMS Pathway of Continuous School Improvement. We offer year-round Montessori education plus before and after care and a summer program for children ages two through kindergarten. Our school consists of four fully equipped classrooms and an extensive outdoor environment. We also host a Montessori teacher education program that is accredited by MACTE and affiliated with the American Montessori Society.
Qualifications of Preferred Candidate:
· BA/BS degree preferred
· AMS/AMI/MACTE teaching credential
· Minimum 3 years teaching experience
· Understanding of and commitment to Montessori philosophy as well as early childhood best practices
· Confident in knowledge of Montessori materials and teaching fundamentals
· Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
· Commitment to meeting the needs of each child and family
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Competitive Salary and Benefit Package available upon request.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references (2 personal and 2 professional) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.